Here at Saskatchewan River Hunting Camps Ltd., we feel that the secret to our success is taking care of our hunters. Hunters tell us every year that if they were presented with all the details upfront, they would have chosen our operation a long time ago (and saved a ton of money in the process!). So, after encouragement from them, we created this section of the website to help you shop around and find what is best for YOU, the hunter. We encourage you to ask EVERY outfitter these questions, including us. Make your decision based on the facts.
Questions to ask before you book:
- What kind of accommodations will I have? Where will I be staying? How old are the accommodations? How many other people will be there? Are there private rooms, showers, bathrooms, etc? Are there other luxuries? (e.g. TV, satellite, heating, hot water, phone, etc.)
- What can I expect for meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)? Some outfitters send you to your stand with a cup of coffee and a piece of toast.
- What kind of transportation do you provide? This can be a big expense in Saskatchewan. Some outfitters do not provide this value in their prices and the cost can be $500-$1000 extra.
- Do you have a wildlife management program? What has the outfitter done to expand or grow his deer population? Is this a trophy operation?
- What is the number of dedicated stands versus the number of hunters?
- What kind of equipment is in the field? (Shooting houses vs. Ladder stands, Heaters vs. No heaters, 4-wheelers vs. A long walk to the stand, Feed piles vs. No feed)
- Are there any hidden costs? (e.g. Trophy fees, Harvest fees, Skinning or cleaning fees, Trophy preparation fees, Extra guide fees, etc.)
- How will my trophy be handled after the hunt?
We feel very confident that when you find the answers to these questions, you will see that we run a First Class operation and that we strive to be more than just another outfitter.